Bornhoft Group stands test of time
Mon Nov 5, 2012
The Bornhoft Group Multi-Manager Program has nearly three decades of track record based on deep knowledge and expertise in managed futures
By Claire Makin
Managers with a near 27-year track record are hard to come by,
especially if they operate in the managed futures space where
only a handful have survived the rigours of time. The
Denver-based Bornhoft Group is among these die-hard operators.
As well as its longevity, the firm is unusual in having
pioneered a specialised multi-adviser approach to managed
futures at its inception in 1986.
|Brian Bell, Richard Bornhoft and Tom
Richard Bornhoft, the firm’s president and
chief investment officer, had been a commodity trading adviser
(CTA) since 1979, and recognised the lack of correlation among
CTAs because of their different trading approaches. "By
combining CTAs we could capitalise on one of the greatest
attributes of managed futures – its diversity," he
Bornhoft’s Multi-Manager Program employs 15 or
so CTAs who follow different strategies and methodologies to
trade global interest rates, stock indices, currencies,...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager