Bridgewater's macro play: long gold, oil and the Euro
By Lawrence Delevingne
Mon Nov 5, 2012
Top hedge fund strategists talk about wishful government policy and how to preserve capital.
Leading hedge fund economists slammed government fiscal policy
in a lively debate at last week's Absolute Return Symposium
about the macroeconomic forces shaping investing.
Macro debate at
the AR Symposium: Bonanca, Dimick, Howard
(L-R) (Photo: Axel Dupeux)
"For all of the policy interventions that have been pursued
over the past few years, none of the imbalances have been
addressed," said Jason Bonanca, head of strategy and research
at $5 billion MKP Capital Management (performance data here).
"That is a remarkable thing: we have thrown so much at the wall
in terms of policy response and not had a sustained...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager