Dinakar Singh on slimming down in an "insane" and "dangerous" market
By Rob Copeland
Mon Nov 5, 2012
The TPG-Axon founder endorses stocks over bonds despite choppy environment in an Absolute Return Symposium keynote address.
delivering the keynote (Photo: Axel Dupeux)
The Hurricane Sandy-
damaged crane dangling perilously across from their midtown
Manhattan offices probably posed the most tangible risk last
week to TPG-Axon Capital. But firm founder Dinakar Singh also
saw some to fear in the markets in his keynote address at
Absolute Return Symposium two blocks north.
"It used to be that shocks happened every five years," Singh
warned a standing-room-only crowd. "Now they happen every six
In such a volatile environment, Singh has a somewhat
unconventional view: pick a few...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager