Vermillion, Taylor Woods and LGT offer commodities picks despite a difficult year
By Lawrence Delevingne
Tue Nov 6, 2012
Hedge fund managers at the Absolute Return Symposium discussed how to invest amid a Chinese slowdown.
||Everett Cook, head of research for Taylor
Woods Capital Management (Photo: Axel Dupeux).
Commodity strategies have had a tough year, with the average
hedge fund in the strategy down 3% through September, according
Absolute Return Commodities Index. The end of the so-called
commodities supercycle brought on by slowing Chinese demand has
hurt many investors in the space. But there's still plenty of
opportunity, according to leading managers in the strategy
speaking at the Absolute Return Symposium last week.
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager