Fund profile: Aiming for absolute returns in India
Mon Nov 19, 2012
India, which is of course a major member of the ubiquitous
emerging market BRIC club, alongside China, Russia and Brazil,
has become an attractive growth story for investors wanting to
diversify away from slowing developed
The Melchior Selected Trust: Indian Absolute Return Fund is
the second alternative UCITS-compliant portfolio to launch
using a strategy solely focused on the country, according to
the Absolute UCITS database.
The first was Kotak India Opportunities Fund launched by an
Indian financial services firm in December 2010, though that
fund liquidated only a few months later.
Milltrust International also recently added a long-biased
sub-fund run by UTI Asset Management Company last month.
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager