Could hedge funds serve as a blueprint for the finance industry?
Wed Dec 5, 2012
The continuous ignorance of various non-investing constituencies towards hedge funds remains mindboggling
One of the agenda items of the G8 summit in Heiligendamm,
Germany, in June 2007 was the systemic risk hedge funds pose to
the financial system. How funny is that? It turned out that it
was the heavily regulated banks, not lightly regulated hedge
funds, which brought the system to its knees more than a year
after the summit. Hedge funds and their investors in fact were
the victims, not the perpetrators, of a highly regulated house
of cards that came tumbling down.
||Alexander Ineichen, Ineichen Research and
Nevertheless, the continuous ignorance of various
non-investing constituencies towards hedge funds remains
mindboggling and is one of the reasons AIMA initiated an update
of its 2008 Roadmap to Hedge Funds. Rather than negate hedge
funds, the hedge fund industry could serve as a blueprint for
the entire financial and investment management industry.
There are four areas were hedge funds could...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager