PAAMCO says that to differentiate and add value is key to being the FoHF of the future
Wed Dec 5, 2012
California firm blazes institutional trail taking the fiduciary stance
By Claire Makin
Not many firms rate their culture as a most critical success
factor, but at Pacific Alternative Asset Management Company it
ranks high on the list. Jane Buchan, PAAMCO’s
chief executive, admits she finds it tough to pin down the
personality of the firm. But among the ephemeral qualities that
make a big difference she cites intellectual rigour, openness
to new ideas, and eclectic investment beliefs.
"We make a big distinction in our firm between what we
invest in and how we invest. Our difference is how we invest,"
Buchan is one of the team of four that left Collins
Associates in 2000 after Budge Collins failed to sell his firm
to Arki Busson’s EIM. All four – Buchan,
Judith Posnikoff, Jim Berens and Bill Knight – have
PhDs in financial economics and management....
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager