Presenting Absolute Return's 2012 Rising Stars: Five to Watch
By Lawrence Delevingne, Rob Copeland
Tue Dec 18, 2012
A diverse group of hedge funds are named Absolute Return's 2012 Funds to Watch.
For all the talk of 'small fund alpha,' there's still a lot of
big beta in hedge fund land.
Many investors give lip service to finding small managers to
boost their sagging portfolios with market-beating returns. But
the rub is the work: finding rising stars with clean
backgrounds, convincing track records and the hunger to beat
the markets takes a lot of digging. Many investor-whisperers
like consultants and funds of funds also have to deal with the
career risk of choosing a blowup, especially when searching on
behalf of institutional investors. All of which leads to
more allocations to big managers and, for many, more ho-hum
returns. Case in point: the median hedge fund is up just 5.3%
through November, according to the
Absolute Return Composite Index.
Enter Absolute Return's Funds to Watch. Each year,
the feature profiles some of the most talented managers of
small funds, focusing on...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager