2013 Investor Outlook: Morgan Creek's Hennessy favors equity over credit
By Lawrence Delevingne
Thu Jan 10, 2013
The co-founder of $7 billion fund of funds Morgan Creek Capital Management weighs in.
What hedge fund strategies will do best in 2013? Why?In a
world where outcomes are especially uncertain and where
strategies can have widely disparate results depending on
central bank interventions, governmental policies, and fickle
investor sentiment, we continue to advocate a diversity of
strategies. That said, we generally favor equity over credit.
We are not as interested in the broad markets as in certain
sectors and countries. We are still keen on emerging markets:
select frontier markets and the BRICs including China, where we
also maintain a convex, low cost left tail hedge. We are also
more interested in natural resources than we've been in a year,
both select energy investments where there are interesting ways
to win despite the...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager