Appaloosa, Citadel, Wellington score 2012 wins; Mason, Millburn lag
By Rob Copeland
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Mildly positive year for industry overall as 73% of funds make money.
The Americas hedge fund industry took a collective yawn in
2012, with the median fund posting inoffensive yet unimpressive
The Absolute Composite Index rose 6.49%, less than half the
gains of the Standard & Poor's 500 and MSCI World indices.
Compared to the previous year, 2012 was a significant rebound
for hedge funds. In 2011, the median fund actually lost money,
dropping 0.79%. In 2012, a slew of big names turned around
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager