Kyle Bass warns of Japanese financial collapse...again
By Lawrence Delevingne
Wed Jan 23, 2013
GAIM 2013: The Hayman founder repeats his bearish thesis; a 250-1 payoff? "I wouldn't sell nuclear holocaust risk in Dallas for one basis point."
Kyle Bass, founder and principal of Hayman Capital Management,
repeated his thesis on a coming financial crash in Japan in a
presentation at the GAIM USA hedge fund conference in Boca
Raton, Fla. yesterday.
Bass said that Hayman, his $1.1 billion Dallas-based macro
firm, has bought unspecified options--on Japanese government
bonds and yen--with a notional value of nearly $500 billion
that offer a potential payoff of more than 250...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager