Hedge funds start 2013 with best month in nearly four years
By Rob Copeland, Amal Robleh
Fri Feb 8, 2013
Absolute Return Composite Index rises 2.53%, most since May 2009.
The New Year brought new triumph to hedge funds, as almost
all of the Absolute Return indices turned in dramatic gains.
The Absolute Return Composite Index rose 2.53%, its best
monthly return since May 2009. The Absolute Return U.S. Equity
Index gained 3.16%, and the Absolute Return Event Driven Index
shot up 5.10%.
Broad market benchmarks did even better. The MSCI World
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager