Scout founders bemoan 2012 returns
By Lawrence Delevingne
Sat Feb 23, 2013
The $5.2 billion firm also announced a new president and the departure of its COO.
Scout Capital Management made money in 2012, but not enough to
please its founders, James Crichton and Adam Weiss.
"Our feelings about our performance this year are mixed.
While we would not generally expect to pace the market in a
strong up year like this, we would have expected to do somewhat
better than the results we reported," the pair wrote in a
letter to investors this month. "The overall conclusion is that
the 2012 results...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager