Blackstone puts $250+ million into launch from ex-Citi, PDT quant 'genius'
By Rob Copeland
Fri Mar 15, 2013
Money from private equity stalwart to anchor Shakil Ahmed's Princeton Alpha startup.
Shakil Ahmed, the quantitative "secret genius" who left Citi
last month, has scored at least $250 million in anchor
investment from Blackstone, according to three people with
direct knowledge of the plans.
It could not immediately be determined if the money was from
Blackstone's Strategic Alliance II platform, or separately from
the company's $44.8 billion fund of funds arm. Ahmed's fund,
dubbed Princeton Alpha and based in the New Jersey
municipality, is also expected to...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager