Goldman Sachs tops prime brokerage ranking
By Rob Copeland, Amal Robleh
Tue Jun 11, 2013
Credit Suisse jumps past Morgan Stanley and Deutsche Bank closes gap in annual ranking as staff churn accelerates among primes.
It's good to be the king: Goldman Sachs is again the most
popular choice for hedge funds, topping the annual Absolute
Return prime brokerage rankings for the
second consecutive year.
This is the third year out of the five that that Goldman has
ended up on top. J.P. Morgan, the only other prime to taste the
glory of first place (in 2010 and 2011), took silver for the
second year running, with virtually the same slim distance
between it and the top spot as in 2012.
There was more motion below. Jumping onto the podium for the
first time was Credit Suisse, which leapfrogged past Morgan
Stanley to take the number three spot.
Morgan Stanley also faces increasing competition from
Deutsche Bank, which has increased its market share to 7.44% of
assets measured by...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager