Capital Group veteran starts long/short equity fund
By Rob Copeland
Fri Oct 4, 2013
Ashish Kumar had spent seven years investing at the $1.1 trillion Capital Group.
Ashish Kumar, until June an analyst helping to run $2.5 billion
in equity investments at the Capital Group, has started Maurya
Capital in San Francisco.
The fund runs a long/short equity strategy partially focused
on the oil sector, principally companies with market
capitalizations of more than $200 million, the founder
confirmed in a telephone interview. The portfolio consists of
approximately 15 long positions and 5 short...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager