Far flung bets bleed Eton Park's 'special investments'
By Rob Copeland
Thu Oct 17, 2013
Side pocket at $10 billion firm down 8.89% this year, hurt by emerging markets.
Eton Park Capital Management stopped making illiquid
"special investments" last year, but it wasn't soon enough for
investors stuck in the firm's side pocket.
Eric Mindich's firm has posted an 8.89% loss in those
investments this year, according to a third quarter letter to
investors sent this week and obtained by Absolute
Return. Eton Park blamed "quarter-end marks for two of our
emerging markets" investments, without providing further
Those investments are likely to be at least a year old; the
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager