After long wait, ex-Goldman quant co-head opens hedge fund at SECOR
By Rob Copeland
Wed Oct 23, 2013
Ray Iwanowski's asset management shop had been tipped to launch fund two years ago. Firm also hires new CFO.
Ray Iwanowski, former co-head of Quantitative Investment
Strategies at Goldman Sachs Asset Management, is ready to get
loud with his
first hedge fund at SECOR Asset Management.
The SECOR Alpha fund started quietly last September trading
$20 million of "friends and family" capital, according to a
person close to the firm. Since then it has returned 5.08% --
compared with a 6.07% drop for the HFRI Macro: Systematic
Diversified Index through -- and...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager