Ex-Credit Suisse distressed co-head nabs $100 million seed from Rothschild family
By Rob Copeland
Tue Nov 5, 2013
Rebak's Farmstead Capital Management also being considered for $150 million from PAAMCO for launch.
One of Europe's wealthiest old families is seeding a new
hedge fund with a decidedly proletarian name.
The Rothschild's London-listed investment trust RIT Capital
Partners put $100 million into Farmstead Capital Management,
the launch this month from former Credit Suisse distressed pro
Andy Rebak, according to people with direct knowledge of the
agreement. RIT has a management stake in the new firm, and will
share in fees going forward.
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager