2014 Outlook: Liongate’s Rick Teisch hails the year of the activist and the stock picker
By Simone Foxman
Wed Jan 15, 2014
The director of research for North America at Liongate Capital Management, which manages $7 billion in fund of fund and advisory assets, weighs in.
Teisch is director of research (U.S.) at Liongate Capital
Management, which manages $7 billion in fund of fund and
What hedge fund strategies will do best in
Going into 2014, I favor equity long/short,
event-driven, and niche credit strategies.
Topping the list this year is equity long/short. We've
essentially had a five-year bull market and are coming off a
huge year for equities that saw the S&P surge almost 30%.
Fundamentals were not the driver, as the vast majority of last
year's gains were attributable to multiple expansion rather
than earnings. And, although earnings grew somewhat, that
growth was mostly...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager