2014 Investor Outlook: Morgan Creek’s Mike Hennessy sees investors playing “time arbitrage”
By Simone Foxman
Wed Jan 15, 2014
Predictions for the next year from the co-founder of $7 billion fund of funds Morgan Creek Capital Management.
Hennessy, co-founder of $7 billion fund of funds Morgan
Creek Capital Management.
What hedge fund strategies will do
best in 2014? Why?
Last year we broadly favored equities over credit, but after
a surprisingly exceptional 2013 in equity markets, we would now
be more guarded and strongly advocate for diversification among
a wide array of asset classes, strategies, and risk factors. We
still favor equities over credit, especially considering where
rates and spreads are and the risk-reward profiles therein.
Within equity, we would favor a long-short approach where a
skilled manager goes long "good" companies and shorts "bad"
companies, pulling a spread out of the differential. We think
this makes sense due to...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager