2014 Investor Outlook: Cambridge Associates' Jerry Kraus more interested in risk factors than strategies
By Simone Foxman
Wed Jan 15, 2014
The head of the hedge fund practice at independent investment advisor Cambridge Associates, which advises more than $33 billion in hedge fund assets, tells us what’s on his mind.
head of the hedge fund consulting practice at investment
consultant Cambridge Associates, which advises $33
billion in hedge fund assets.
What hedge fund strategies will do
best in 2014? Why?
Although such strategies were often not among the
best performers in the past 18 months, now is the time to look
at strategies or funds with the proven ability to identify
short positions and trade well in volatile markets.
At the moment, we’re less interested in buying
or selling a specific strategy, but not for the reasons you
might think. Right now, it makes more sense to think about risk
factors, many of which are common across strategies,
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager