2014 Investor Outlook: GAM’s Anthony Lawler sees the rising tide abating for all boats in the equities market
By Simone Foxman
Wed Jan 15, 2014
What the next year will bring, according to a portfolio manager for GAM’s Alternative Investment Solutions team.
What hedge fund strategies will do best in 2014?
portfolio manager for GAM’s Alternative
Investment Solutions team.
We go into 2014 slightly overweight event-driven and equity
long/short as we had been throughout 2013. We expect these
strategies to continue their strong form, but we are not simply
leaning long risk assets. Rather, the managers we have chosen
are, by and large, nimble and can quickly change their books if
they see a breakdown in growth or policy effectiveness or
Equity long/short: In our view for equities in 2014, the
trajectory seems to be up while there are a number of potential
potholes to be aware of (Fed tapering, political risk...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager