2014 Investor Outlook: Clearbrook’s Timothy Ng favors long/short managers focusing on Europe and Japan and snubs emerging markets
Wed Jan 15, 2014
The head of research at investment consultant Clearbrook Global, which advises on $30 billion in assets.
managing director at $30 billion investment consultant
fund strategies will do best in 2014? Why?
In looking forward into
2014, Clearbrook believes the following major themes will
create better return opportunities for hedge funds versus 2013
and traditional long-only investments:
In 2013, geo-political and macro-economic threats such as
the U.S. government shutdown, Federal Reserve tapering, the
stabilization of and nascent recovery in Europe and uncertainty
regarding the efficacy of "Abenomics" caused sharp changes and
reversals in market/asset correlations...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager