European assets hit an all-time high despite 24% decline in managed futures
Thu Mar 27, 2014
Total assets in European hedge funds are buoyed by a much more settled economic climate and a rapid resurgence of global investor appetite for exposure to European hedge fund strategies
For charts, please click here
After experiencing only anaemic growth in the past several
years, assets in European hedge funds have finally shown a
decisive move upwards over the last 12 months as the economic
crisis in Europe has abated and as investor appetite for
European-focused strategies has re-awakened.
Despite a sharp fall in assets run in the managed futures
sector – which has been the largest strategy area in
Europe ever since the 2008 financial crisis – strong
growth in long/short equity, macro, multi-strategy,
event-driven, market-neutral and credit strategies has resulted
in robust overall industry expansion, with the total assets in
the European hedge fund industry now at an all-time high.
These are the key findings of the latest survey of the
European hedge fund industry conducted by the EuroHedge data
and research team – which shows that assets in
traditional offshore hedge fund structures stood at $474.6
billion at the...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager