venBio biotechnology firm tweaks top ranks as flagship soars 50.3% in 2014
By Simone Foxman
Thu Aug 7, 2014
Two years of outperformance push firm assets to $335 million.
Biotech-focused venBio Select Advisor is off to
another jaw-dropping year and has been formalizing its
infrastructure to accommodate rapid growth. The now-$335
million firm has hired a chief financial and compliance
officer, and it put a sole portfolio manager in charge of the
high-flying flagship hedge fund.
That hedge fund, the venBio Select Fund, generated a return
of 50.3% through July, according to a July 31 investor letter.
That compares with a rise of 4.50% for the Absolute Return
Global Equity Index. The fund’s assets have more
than tripled in that time period, from $44 million at yearend
2013, to $137 million as of July 31 (firmwide assets of $335
million also include a separate private equity fund). The hedge
fund began 2013 with less than $20 million and went on to
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager