More Than Bookkeeping
Sat Sep 1, 2001
A good administrator is your partner for success and acts as a company secretary, CEO and CFO, says Robert Macpherson at Fortis Fund Services
You have carefully selected the best legal counsel, a blue
chip prime broker and a big-five audit firm. The administrator
is just an afterthought, right? Wrong! One of the most
important decisions affecting the success of your fund will be
your choice of administrator. Yet many new funds leave this
choice until last.
They fail to realise that an administrator is much more than
a bookkeeper - it is the fund's CEO, CFO and company secretary
all rolled into one. It may well also be the principal point of
contact for investors and other counterparties of the fund.
Choosing a quality administrator capable of looking after
all operational matters and keeping your investors happy will
leave time for the manager to focus on what they do best:
making money for the investors. With an unsuitable
administrator, the manager will find themselves having to deal
with administrative issues after a stressful day...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager