Canada: Further inflows fuel a burgeoning market
Wed Apr 16, 2008
Barry Cohen, special reports editor, HedgeFund
Canadas relatively young hedge fund industry grew
significantly during 2007 on the back of substantial asset
flows and an influx of talented managers starting up new funds.
Whereas total hedge fund assets at the end of 2006 amounted to
around $30 billion, by mid-2007 they had leaped to $37.4
billion, according to a major study of the domestic industry,
conducted by the Toronto-based consultancy Investor Economics.
The industry now boasts 120 hedge fund firms with fund of funds
managers accounting for 65 funds, compared to 206
single-manager funds, the main beneficiaries of last
years strong asset flow.
As an indicator of the...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager