Orchard focuses on Asia inefficiencies to build its multi-strategy portfolio
Mon Apr 19, 2010
Stu Wilson and Teall Edds talk about the journey from Stark Investments to Orchard Capital and their multi-strategy approach to Asian investing, with a focus on capital preservation
When Stu Wilson and Teall Edds, two of Asia's most
experienced hedge fund managers and the principals of Stark
Investments' business in Asia, decided to spin out and form
Orchard Capital Partners in September 2009, many in the market
predicted the transition to be very much one to watch. After
all, the capital raising environment was tough and start-up
costs were escalating.
However, six months after its inception, Orchard has not
just established itself as a true Asia-focused, locally run
multi-strategy investment shop, but also segmented its product
line by asset class liquidity profiles, thereby matching
investor requirements aptly. "Most importantly, it gives us the
ability to focus purely on Asia and be perceived as an Asian
manager, while offering investors products of various
liquidity," says Wilson.
Teall Edds and Stu Wilson
The firm has also been able to bring over the infrastructure
and entire Asian-based team from Stark, thus...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager