Merchant Capital 'aggressively' builds distribution for its UCITS platform
Tue Sep 21, 2010
Merchant Capital UCITS III Platform is “aggressively building” its distribution partnerships following the launch of two funds that have been placed under its umbrella.
A large unnamed retail asset manager in the UK has signed a
distribution agreement with the firm according to George
Cadbury, a co-founder of the asset management division of
Merchant Capital alongside Christopher Day.
Day and Cadbury began developing the Dublin-domiciled UCITS III
umbrella in September 2009 when the pair joined Merchant. The
platform was launched in January this year and the Merchant
European Equity Fund and the Galaxy China Opportunities Fund
are under its umbrella. The duo came from PCE Investors, a
business that provided all middle and front office systems as
well as regulatory cover for hedge fund firms.
Cadbury says: "The umbrella allows us to offer fund managers
around the world a UCITS solution. We are working closely with
BNY Mellon, Carne Global and we can deliver a cost efficient
solution for anyone looking at using the UCITS wrapper for
their hedge fund....
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager