The rush to go onshore
Mon Sep 20, 2010
• Why the UCITS format is proving so attractive • Why UCITS has become the latest big thing – Comments from Hans-Olov Bornemann, Nathanael Benzaken, Magnus Ward, Charles Robinson, Roman Rosslenbroich
It takes about seven hours to travel by train from Stockholm to
the county of Jämtland in Sweden’s frozen
north. The county’s principal attraction is
Åre, which is the largest skiing resort in Sweden. That
makes it a popular short-break destination for busy
Stockholm-based professionals such as Hans-Olov Bornemann, head
of the global quant team at SEB Asset Management.
In March 2005, Bornemann and his team of five boarded the
train at Stockholm’s Central Station for their
annual off-site break in Åre. "On the journey, we had
seven hours to kill," recalls Bornemann, a former managing
director at Deutsche Bank, who set up the SEB quant team in
October 2003. Today, Bornemann’s team is
responsible for managing assets of some $5 billion across a
range of products.
Rather than while away the time playing cards, Bornemann and
his quintet of quants set out to answer two...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager