BTG Pactual aims high as global macro/EM fund races to $1.5bn
Wed Jan 26, 2011
Brazil-based investment bank and asset manager BTG Pactual is well-positioned to exploit the big changes that are underway in the global economy and the world financial order. And the group’s flagship hedge fund strategy has made a spectacular start in its first two years of trading
institutions illustrate more graphically the sweeping changes
taking place in the global economy and the world financial
order than BTG Pactual, the fast-growing Brazil-headquartered
international investment bank and asset manager led by former
UBS global fixed-income chief Andre Esteves.
The group is on a meteoric growth path – and its
story is already a dramatic one. Back in 2006, Esteves
– who was then the managing partner and 30% owner of
Pactual, which at that point was solely a Brazilian bank
(albeit already the country’s leading investment
bank and wealth manager) – sold Pactual to UBS in a $3
billion deal that also saw him take charge of the Swiss
bank’s fixed-income business.
Two years later he left UBS – along with some 15 of
his top lieutenants – to set up the new BTG asset
management group in mid-2008. One year later he bought back
Pactual from the...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager