Adapting businesses to the new environment
Wed Feb 23, 2011
How are Asian hedge funds modifying or rebuilding their business model?
Aradhna Dayal: How do you see Asian
hedge funds modifying or rebuilding their business model to
cope with the new world?
Ray Kwok: Investors are clearly looking to
spread the counterparty risk, and what we’ve found
in the last year is that we have opened a number of managed
accounts – again very client-driven. The clients come
to us and say, "We like what we see, but we’d like
to add a little bit more to it," and often they like to have a
separate administrator, a separate custodian and commonly
require two prime brokers. Also, the investors require more
transparency in the data, down to the trade level.
Brian Pohli: On having the right investor base, I think it
comes down to an alignment of skill sets. If someone came in
and said, "We want to be a private equity firm that invests in
soccer teams," obviously...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager