Fee structures – have they changed post-crisis?
Wed Feb 23, 2011
Have funds come under pressure to offer discounts?
Aradhna Dayal: Have the fee structures
changed post-crisis and are we seeing a pressure to offer
François Hora: People will always be
willing to pay for quality set-ups and quality returns. Those
who are unwilling to pay will just lose out on some of the
best. As long as the fee structure is not abusive, we have no
problem with that.
Brian Pohli: On fees, I agree that people will pay for
performance. As Colin mentioned earlier, you start getting into
different products where you can justify that this is the
reason why we have to have these fees – because we
need to hire these folks to get the operational support behind
it – [and] I think investors recognise that
you’re committing to the best operational
infrastructure. For example, for...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager