NEPC pursues hybrid strategies and structures
Thu Mar 3, 2011
Celebrating 25 years of independent consultancy, NEPC has seen its hedge fund business double over the past seven years
By Claire Makin
As lines begin to blur between traditional and hedge fund
strategies, NEPC aims to combine the best and brightest ideas
from both worlds. The Cambridge, Massachusetts-based consulting
firm has just celebrated its 25th anniversary, and has more or
less grown up alongside the hedge fund industry. More than two
thirds of NEPC clients invest in some form of alternatives, and
many are open to new ideas.
"In hedge fund space, we are spending a lot of time with
clients thinking about how hedge funds fit into their entire
portfolio rather than just putting them into a box and saying:
'This is your hedge fund allocation’," says Erik
Knutzen, who is NEPC’s chief investment officer
and a senior member of the firm’s Alternative
Asset Investment Committee.
Interest in alternatives runs throughout the organisation.
Nearly one third of NEPC’s 76 professionals hold
the Chartered Alternative Investment...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager