Panel debate: Managed futures – does the case for non-correlation still hold?
Wed May 25, 2011
Risks, returns, correlation and volatility
|The CTA panel: Bergström, Gent, Kaiser and
Following a volatile few years for CTAs that have proved
that most trend-followers are uncorrelated to other hedge
funds, a panel of managers discussed the factors that make
managed futures funds attractive to some investors and a
concern to others.
The panel comprised Svante Bergström, CEO and portfolio
manager of Brummer & Partners’ Lynx Asset
Management; Nigel Gent, co-founder and CIO of PGR Capital; Tony
Kaiser, founder of Kaiser Trading Group; and Scott Ganis,
co-founder of Thayer Brook Partners.
The panellists spent a good chunk of their allotted time
discussing the issue of correlation, as well as different types
of trend-following strategies that are deployed in the
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager