KEYNOTE SPEECH: Lee Robinson – Trafalgar Asset Managers
Wed May 25, 2011
Real returns are the key as inflation rises
The first day of the Summit was rounded off by a compelling
keynote address from Lee Robinson, co-founder of event-driven
and credit specialists Trafalgar Asset Managers and CIO of the
Trafalgar Catalyst Fund.
Known for his outspoken, provocative and sometimes
controversial views, Robinson was a big draw and his speech did
not disappoint. Speaking with characteristic enthusiasm and
candour, he gave his opinion on the question of inflation
versus deflation and challenged the consensus view of how to
value gold, as well as expressing his belief that hedge funds
are well-positioned to deliver the returns demanded by
investors going forward.
Robinson has a 12-year track record as an event-driven
investor, which goes back to his days at Tudor Capital, where
he built and managed the firm’s risk arbitrage
business from 1998 to 2001.
Robinson and his business partner Theo Phanos set up
Trafalgar soon afterwards and Trafalgar Catalyst...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager