Panel debate: Emerging markets – the only safe bet or the next big bubble?
Wed May 25, 2011
Diverse approaches to riding the emerging markets
|Garrard, Adams, Read, Stock and Wermuth on the
emerging markets panel
A wide-ranging group of emerging-market specialists outlined
their different approaches to investing in developing countries
at a time of huge investor interest in allocating to emerging
market investments, and offered their views on the
opportunities and risks that lie ahead.
One of two credit-focused investors was Julian Adams, CEO of
Adelante Asset Management and manager of the
firm’s Emerging Markets Debt Fund – who
has been investing in emerging-market debt for over 20
The other was Alex Garrard, a partner and portfolio manager
at BTG Pactual, whose well-performing global multi-strategy
fund has had...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager