Panel debate: Regulatory changes – doing more harm than good?
Wed May 25, 2011
A battle for hearts and minds
With hedge fund regulation on the increase, in the form of the
EU’s Alternative Investment Fund Managers
Directive and an array of other initiatives on both sides of
the Atlantic, a panel debated the current state of play and the
possible future dangers.
Two experienced lawyers, Martin Cornish of K&L Gates and
Leonard Ng of Sidley Austin, were joined by Jiri Krol, director
of policy and government affairs at AIMA, and Ian Morley, a
well-known industry veteran
Krol kicked off by pointing out that the broader political
and social attitude towards hedge funds – which has
been decidedly negative since the financial crisis –
can determine the extent of regulation...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager