KEYNOTE SPEECH: Colm O’Shea – COMAC Capital
Wed May 25, 2011
Dealing with a world full of uncertainty
In the third and final keynote speech, COMAC Capital founder
and CIO Colm O’Shea gave a frank, personal and
thought-provoking insight into his approach to building a
stable and growing business, his views on team-building and
avoiding hubris as a manager, and his own approach to macro
The address, delivered by O’Shea with
refreshing warmth and good humour, went down well with an
audience clearly keen to hear what he had to say.
That O’Shea was a major attraction should come
as no surprise. Having built his reputation as a portfolio
manager at Balyasny and Soros — where he worked on the
famed Quantum Fund with George Soros and Stanley Druckenmiller,
after being a senior fixed-income prop trader at Citigroup
— O’Shea set up on his own and launched
the COMAC Global Macro Fund in 2006.
Over the course of the financial crisis and through...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager