The emergence of Singapore-domiciled funds
Mon Jun 20, 2011
Aradhna Dayal: We’re seeing early
signs of the emergence of Singapore-domiciled funds. Can this
really be a viable option to, say, a Cayman-domiciled structure
and are you considering it for your strategies?
|Whether a domicile such as Singapore, which has
obviously got a beneficial tax regime, is seen as more
acceptable than Cayman remains to be seen
Mike Coleman: I thought it was an interesting development
and in theory there is no reason why it should not work.
However, the Cayman structure is well established, people think
they know how it works...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager