Rivercrest to get rolling with global equity
Thu Sep 22, 2011
New alternative asset manager backed by Sir John Beckwith and other high-profile partners taps ex-Lansdowne duo for macro-driven equity strategy, the first in up to six new funds that the firm plans to launch
Rivercrest Capital, the new London-based alternative asset
management firm backed by Sir John Beckwith’s
Pacific Investments group and other high-profile investors, is
gearing up to go live with the first in a suite of up to six
funds it is planning.
The new Rivercrest Global Equity Fund, to be managed by
former Lansdowne men Alastair MacLeod and Peter Simon, is set
to launch in October and reckoned to be on target to reach
assets of $100 million by the end of the year.
Beckwith is of course no stranger to the hedge fund world,
having in the past backed successful firms like Thames River
Capital, which was sold last year to F&C, and its spinout
Nevsky Capital – in which he continues to hold a stake
– as well as traditional long-only firms like
Liontrust Asset Management and River & Mercantile plus
major real estate and...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager