Stream session: Lift off – start up to star
Mon Oct 3, 2011
Start-ups back in vogue
|Patric de Gentile-
Emerging managers are the topic du jour as investors start to
go direct. Funds of funds are no longer being paid to access
the brands, so some are using due diligence teams and manager
selection expertise in the smaller manager arena, while
investors believe they have to look beyond the hedge fund
giants for performance.
The session moderated by Mairead Kenny of Bank of America
Merrily Lynch looked into how to get launched, identified and
funded at a time when emerging managers are back in vogue.
Patric de Gentile-Williams of FRM Capital Advisors, the seeding
division of Financial Risk Management, said the seeding
rationale is based...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager