Keynote address: Lawrence Powell, Utah Retirement Systems
Mon Oct 3, 2011
Powell: It’s time for institutional investors to start communicating
In his keynote Q&A, Lawrence 'Larry’ Powell of
the Utah Retirement Systems told the delegates about why it is
good to be Larry Powell and why he is rooting for the Canadians
– perhaps not in the ice-hockey rink, but certainly
when it comes to pension investing.
Powell talked about his life as a pension fund official, the
quality of life he is afforded living in Park City, Utah, the
autonomy the investment team has and the support he receives
from his boss and the investment board.
On a more serious note, Powell’s keynote speech
was about 'the most valuable asset’...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager