Stream session: Cash is king – or is it?
Mon Oct 3, 2011
Cash presents both risk and opportunity, so ask the right questions first
When markets are unpredictable or so dangerous that money
needs to be kept safe, hedge funds turn to cash. But in the
wake of Lehman Brothers, many learned the hard way that their
cash was not as safe as they thought. The panel explored how
safe this cash really is. Heath Davies of Signet Capital
Management said that one of the biggest take-away lessons of
2008 is asking the question about the longevity of
one’s prime broker and posed the question of what
the new normal...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager