Panel session: Greek debt and natural disaster – where is the global macro wind blowing?
Mon Oct 3, 2011
Policy is a key factor for the global economy
In markets such as the ones the world is experiencing now,
global macro is a hot theme. The global macro experts told
delegates that the global economic backdrop continues to be
challenging and signs of recovery fragmented, but they still
had views on where the opportunities are for macro traders.
|Steven Bell, Teun Draaisma, moderator Nick
Evans, Nicolai Borcher Hansen and David
Steven Bell of GLC said the high energy prices have zapped
demand but that re-acceleration is apparent in some areas.
Despite the sovereign debt crises in Europe, Bell said his best
guess is that there will be a happy ending to it all, and to
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager