Hedge funds drop 1.23% in September
Tue Oct 11, 2011
Full index stats and benchmarks are now live from HedgeFund Intelligence. Also, see links to the latest stories from EuroHedge, AsiaHedge, InvestHedge, AR and Absolute UCITS.
September was a difficult month for hedge funds, with most
strategies suffering a loss. But funds still significantly
outperformed the major market indices, with the HedgeFund
Intelligence Global Composite Index dropping 1.23% against an
8.64% loss in the MSCI World Index (net).
Emerging Market Equity funds fell 8.37%, making them the worst
global performers for a second consecutive month. Event-driven
funds also continued last month’s dismal
performance, falling 4.81% in September, to put them down 7.92%
for the year.
This is the worst year-to-date return for the Composite Index
since 2008, when funds were down 4.75% for the year through
Our indices are updated...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager