Global hedge fund assets rise nearly 7% in the first half of 2011
Thu Oct 13, 2011
Assets in global hedge funds rose by 6.7% in the first half of 2011, according to the latest research from HedgeFund Intelligence.
- Assets back over 2006 level, although below 2007
- Investor inflows continue in spite of turbulent
- New York still the dominant centre, followed by
Assets in hedge funds of traditional types, which are mostly
domiciled offshore or structured as limited partnerships (LPs)
in the United States, reached combined assets of $2.158
trillion at the end of June 2011 – up from $2.022
trillion at the end of 2010.
However, there is now almost another $100 billion run in
hedge fund strategies that are only available in a European
onshore UCITS-compliant format. If these
'standalone’ UCITS strategies are included, the
total assets of the industry...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager