Hedge funds gain 1.08% in October
Tue Nov 8, 2011
Full index stats and benchmarks are now live from HedgeFund Intelligence. Also, see links to the latest stories from EuroHedge, AsiaHedge, InvestHedge, AR and Absolute UCITS.
Breaking a two-month losing streak, hedge funds profited
from the October market surge. The Hedge Fund Intelligence
Composite Index rose 1.08%, leaving it down 1.44% for the
year. The equity market rally handily exceeded hedge fund
returns, however, with the MSCI World Index (net) rising 10.34%
for the month.
All indices were positive in October, except for the
Managed Futures and
Macro indices which fell 2.19% and 1.07%, respectively.
Event Driven was the best performing strategy during
October, following five consecutive losing months, with a gain
With its October drop, the Managed Futures Index is down
2.18% for the year, its worst return for this period
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager