UCITS platforms proliferate
Fri Dec 2, 2011
Platform providers can play a key role in fund quality control. DATA INCLUDES: 'Top five UCITS funds on a platform' and 'UCITS platforms ranked by absolute return assets'
When US-based York Capital Management launched a UCITS version
of its event-driven offshore fund, in July 2009, there was
never any doubt as to which platform it would use. "We started
working on the UCITS product as early as 2007, before the
financial crisis," says Jeff Weber, the firm’s
president. "What helped to interest us in UCITS was our strong
relationship with Merrill Lynch, which is a significant
distribution partner of ours in the hedge fund market."
Merrill Lynch Investment
The York UCITS was the third fund on the Merrill Lynch
Investment Solutions (MLIS) platform, following the launch of
the Marshall Wace TOPS market-neutral UCITS in November 2007
and the BlueTrend UCITS (which has since been liquidated) at
the end of 2008.
That made it a relatively slow start for the MLIS
initiative. "We took our time developing the infrastructure for
the platform, launching...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager